Saturday, June 20, 2009

one outta three

TRIUMPH! After spending waaay too much time working on it and an extremely generous and close read from an IFSA tutor (!!), I have finally finished my UBA paper. Clocking in a 18 pages single spaced pages of text with 60-something footnotes and six pages of bibliography it's easily one of the longest papers I've ever written -- and it's in Spanish. For a bit of trivia: it's the only serious paper I have ever written without using a library book. (JSTOR, ftw.) Pasted below is a sample of the articles that I used, but only the ones that a) came with the course packet or b) I planned to use so much that I deemed worthy to print.



For the past week or so they have been my only friends. (Am I joking? Not sure.) Now I am pretty worried about the oral presentation on the paper. Reading/writing and talking in front of the whole class on topics you're thinking about in English -- different ballgames.


Now that I've finished this paper and passed my film class, what remains?
- UCA Lit paper on The Politicization of Pablo Neruda in Spain (due Tuesday, barely started)
- IFSA music paper (almost done!, topic too geeky to announce)
- IFSA presentation Thursday (not especially worried)
- UBA presentation Friday (ugh at least I have the week to prepare)


No comments:

Post a Comment