Saturday, January 31, 2009

calvin johnson's dancing is priceless

Max and I watched the K Records documentary, The Shield Around the K, while I was visiting. (Okay, it would be much more accurate to say that I fell asleep while Max watched it. But I instant-queued it on Netflix while I was working on some stuff at home this week and now I've seen it.) What struck me most about it was how Calvin Johnson dances like he's autistic. Observe and enjoy.

Beat Happening -- Crashing Through:
(sorry the volume is so low, that's how it was uploaded)


The Halo Benders -- Don't Touch My Bikini



I think my other favorite part of the Shield Around the K was when they all were marvelling about how Ian MacKaye did doors for the first International Pop Underground festival. This is a tie between my weird fascination with him and the fact that he is just absolutely that legit. Yes, I even enjoyed that more than the montage of people guessing how K Records got its name. Any thoughts on when Dischord will do one? I was surprised when they didn't make any sort of doc for the 20th anniversary box set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment